Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Don't call it a comeback

Clever eh? I have a stomach ache after downing 12 chicken nuggets (one was terribly deformed, it was like the siamese twin of the nugget world) and a chocolate shake so bear with me here. This is my new blog. It's about sports and other shit. 

I decided not to write the traditional sports blog because of these 3 words:  

Sports get boring. 

It's a fact, this year I actually didn't follow some of my favorite teams as closely as I normally do. I didn't got to many Vandy football, Titans or Preds games as I did when I was in middle school. Mainly because this year's teams were so up and down it just wasn't good for me. Especially for a kid that has the queen of nagging for a mother and a ill tempered lawyer father. I mean seriously, every time I would curse at a game or at a TV they would fire it right back at me. Example: ME: "YOU FUCKING IDIOT PASS THE BALL! THIS ISN'T HIGH SCHOOL!" MOM: "Alright Mr. 62 in pre-cal A." Also, my dad threatened to beat the shit out of me twice , once at a Vandy baseball game and again at a Vandy basketball game. Sometimes it's just not worth it. But don't get me wrong, I love my parents. I'm a momma's boy and my dad knows what's up and lets me get away with the shit I do with my friends. As I digress, sometimes it's hard to enjoy teams after watching the same bullshit every year. Vandy went 2-10 again in football, lost in the first round of the NCAAs in basketball and the Titans went on another long ass losing streak while Vince Young went through PMS. However, the Preds proved to me that they can get out of the first round and Vandy baseball made it to Omaha. But overall, it was still a pretty shitty sports season for me. 

So I discovered mediafire. Downloaded tons of free music and spent my free time listening to that instead of watching David Legwand under performing and VY menstruating.  Over the past few months I have became obsessed with dozens of new artists. Within the last year I have started listening to and rediscovered artists such as deadmau5, Daft Punk, Skrillex, Bassnectar, Kid Cudi, The Black Keys, The Strokes, Chiddy Bang, OFWGKTA, Childish Gambino and Arcade Fire just to name a few. Sport's really just got too repetitive for me to follow 24/7. I really found a new passion for music this year, but I still love sports. 

I am going to TCU's Bob Schieffer School of Journalism in August. My dream is to host my own nationally broadcast sports radio show like Jim Rome or Dan Patrick. I don't really like either to be honest, Rome can be funny sometimes but there's just too much hot air and role playing. I want to be me, that's why I'm writing my own blog. I don't necessarily think this will blow up or anything, but so many people ask my opinion on shit I thought this would be a good way to let you know what I think. And even if you couldn't care less, I hope you find it entertaining. 

Fuck the system.  

No comments:

Post a Comment